Ahead of Paris Fashion Week the governing body of fashion design, the Fédération de la Haute Couture et de la Mode, kick off the month of September with a global initiative titled #FHCMGOESGLOBAL. The FHCM (the Fédération de la Haute Couture et de la Mode) are putting a stake in the ground to tackle fashion’s pollutant problems. They want to lead the world’s sustainable fashion movement using their influence to advocate for climate fashion and corporate social responsibility. Expect this work to trickle down into standards for french fashion and Paris Fashion Week, hopefully sooner than later.
Last month the Fédération de la Haute Couture et de la Mode announced they will assist in the development and exposure of talents who will create tomorrow’s climate fashion.
They released a short video which includes a strong new designer on our TFP radar named Julien Goulard. Goulard’s brand, Aivel, focuses on singular shapes with fabrics that are recyclable and sustainable.
As for the calendar, a few emerging brands opt for a fashion show over a presentation signalling growth including Ottolinger, Each X Other, Ximon Lee and Atlein. Uma Wang returns to Paris Fashion Week after changing from the Milan Fashion Week calendar a few seasons ago. And Off-White continues to show in Paris over New York.
The full Spring 2019 Paris Fashion Week Schedule:
Trending Stories on Fashion Week:
- See Jacquemus’ very first collection in a fashion film – Read More
- Vin + Omi’s SS19 collection is totally recycled – Read More
- Take a look at Simonetta Ravissa’s “Gossip Girl” collection – Read More
- First Look: Sita Abellan unveils collection with HTC Los Angeles – Read More
- Go backstage at the fashion shows with The Fashion Plate – Read More
- First look: Luar SS19 collection – Read More