Serena Williams has never been afraid to wear the unexpected on the tennis court. In fact her bold ensembles, often designed in collaboration with a high fashion brand, land Serena in more style magazines than any other player.
And while she’s dealt with backlash over her fashion choices, such as the now famous black catsuit trending on twitter, other ensembles serve to remind the world why Williams is a legend and an icon.
Yesterday Serena Williams had one of those iconic moments when she debuted the first ever tutu at the US Open. Serena wore a single-sleeved dress with a clever one-shoulder effect and featured the full tulle skirt in onyx. She completed the look with a pair of compressing fishnet tights and Off-White by Virgil Abloh tennis shoes.
After the French Tennis Federation banned Serena Williams’ blood clot-preventing, Wakanda-inspired catsuit at the French Open, spectators were curious to see what the new mom would wear at Tuesday’s U.S. Open, which ended in her victory—and she didn’t disappoint.
Trending Stories on Fashion:
- Ava DuVernay, Issa Rae, Miguel and more at Afropunk 2018 – Read More
- The Clermont Twins wear Prada’s fall 2018 ‘Flame’ shoes – Read More
- Lupita Nyong’o in Balmain on the Late Night With Seth Meyers talk show – Read More
- Cardi B Wears Gucci’s new paisley print pajamas – Read More
- Get out of your summer style rut with sundresses and skinny shades – Read More