Lil Miquela is barely two years old but the digital social media influencer has over 1 million followers. Initially, Lil Miquela’s posts featured topics about #BlackLivesMatter, #LGBT rights and the Innocence project but it all changed after posts featured the digital star in designer clothing.
Now the Instagram page is a bonafide fashion blog. Everyone from Calvin Klein and Raf Simons, to young brands like Opening Ceremony and Foo and Foo design clothes with Lil Miquela or for Lil Miquela.
Lil Miquela also “designed” a collection which sold out immediately after the launch.
It is clear Lil Miquela is the prototype for future digital influencers on the web. I hope they do a better job at staying on message.
Trending Stories on Fashion:
- A sneak peek video of Milan Fashion Week SS19 (Video) – Read More
- SS19 Milan Fashion Week schedule – Read More
- Artist protest Milan Fashion Week for ‘Climate Fashion’ Standards – Read More
- First Look: Nicopanda SS19 collection by Nicola Formichetti. – Read More
- London Fashion Week starts with four exceptional new designers – Read More
- ‘First Look’ at the Matty Bovan SS19 collection – Read More