“Hip” Is The New Stylish Way To Stay Hydrated And Provide Safe Drinking Water To Others.
Water For People, the leading water and sanitation organization with international programs in 9 countries, and award winning designer Karim Rashid partner on a new, safe water drinking program. The partnership involves a stylish, new self-filtering water bottle designed by Karim Rashid called “Hip” and a commitment from Water For People to provide two days of safe drinking water to people in need for every “Hip” purchase.
This is huge! Here are a few facts you might not know:
- Women and children in under-developed countries walk an average of 4 hours per day to collect fresh water – time that could be spent at work or school.
- 780 million people do not have access to improved water sources.
- 2.64 Billion people around the world do not have access to adequate sanitation.
There are a lot of water bottle products out there but they don’t provide safe drinking water to people in other countries. The new “Hip” bottle is meant to make giving easy! All you have to do is buy a common commuter product you’d buy anyway!
As for the quality, it meets the best criteria. Wirecutter tested 60 water bottles this year, the results came out in late January, their review for a quality water bottle was:
- it should hold 22 ounces to 27 ounces
- it should be durable,
- easy to open and use,
- a cinch to maintain,
- and leak-proof, so that you feel safe tossing it into a bag with your iPad, phone, or other valuables.
The “Hip” water bottle is all of that and more! You get a stylish and market competitive water bottle and someone across the world gets 2 days of clean water, that’s 4 liters/1 gallon of safe drinking water.