Who doesn’t love Tracee Ellis Ross? The TED Talk lecturer is the rebel with a cause known for her authentic and impassioned activism for gender and race equality. This year the Emmy nominated actress hosted the 46th Annual American Music Awards and every time Tracee took the stage she changed into a new look with a new theme.
Ross changed at least nine times during the show and each time she wore a look by a black designer which included Ankara prints from Laviebyck, an incredible cape from Dapper Dan, a scarlet red jump suit by Cushnie, and a stunning tux-dress by Olivier Rousting for Balmain. Other designers included Off-White, Sergio Hudson, and emerging new designers Aminah Abdul Jillil and Deshon.V.
But the look that stood out the most was the Pyer Moss SS19 suit straight from the runway. The Pyer Moss two piece Tracee wore was actually presented during New York Fashion Week on a male model. The gender-bending look was exceptional on both Tracee and the runway model.
For Tracee’s red carpet look stylist Larry Sims added a crystal embellished choker and a pair of fierce earrings that took the look right over the top.
Trending Stories on Fashion Week:
- 4 times we saw the new Oakley glasses during fashion week – Read More
- After the show: Designer Cristiano Burani talks high tech fabrics for new SS19 collection – Read More
- Watch the Stella Jean SS19 catwalk show (video) – Read More
- First Look: Sita Abellan unveils collection with HTC Los Angeles – Read More
- Beauty moment backstage at DROMe – Read More
- Take a close look at the beauty trends backstage at Christian Wijnants – Read More