Next month the 11th edition of the Art Screen Film Festival (ASFF), an international project dedicated to the multiple interactions between cinema and art, will take place in Florence Italy.
At this year’s ASFF event director Heath Lopez will debut ‘Kusama: Infinity’ a 17 year project featuring the iconic Yayoi Kusama.
Yayoi Kusama has been making art since the 1950s, but in recent years the Japanese artist’s mirrored rooms, polka-dotted objects and unusual installations have accumulated a massive following. The exhibition in London last year generated hundreds of thousands of images on Instagram pushing the 89-year-old artist into the pop-culture spotlight.
With Lenz’s documentary Kusama: Infinity, the director documents Kusama’s life before fame starting from her tumultuous past and how it led her to create the Infinity Dot project.
The film festival in Florence, Italy starts November 14th and runs through the 18th. For more information click here.
Trending Stories on Art & Culture:
- See “A Tiny Figures” exhibition in Norway – Read More
- Multi-Media artist Sandra Muss debuts at the ‘Salone di Donatello’ in Italy – Read More
- Anonymous street artist paints concrete blocks as luxury handbags – Read More
- Exhibition image of confiscated Rosary beads from undocumented migrants goes viral – Read More
- Serena Williams sings “I touch myself” to raise awareness for Breast Cancer Awareness month – Read More
- New York City in photographs – Read More