Set inside the famous Palazzo Reale in Milan, next to the modern Museo Novecento which houses the graphic works of Alik Cavaliere and the 3-D laser print paintings of Agostino Ferrari, Gabriele Colangelo chose the perfect location to show his contemporary luxury Spring 2019 collection.
This season Gabriele Colangelo redefines the idea of Genteel society by taking the clothing typically associated with humble everyday people and elevating the functional designs through fabric, cut and color.
The complimentary collection features workman’s plaid shirts, skirts and dresses in a softer color palette and even softer cottons. There are also beautiful leather car coat dresses, simple water silk dresses, starched cotton t-shirt dresses, and leather apron dresses and skirts.
The accessories include elegant money pouches, bucket bags with long straps tied into knots so models carry them like handbags and simple white leather sandals and boots.
The evening wear sparkled thanks to tissue thin, tinsel-like fabrics cut into long sheath dresses which were layered over modern day, slim fit trousers.
This is perfect for the city or country living genteel who take their craft seriously. Those who want to maintain a sense of their identity no matter who they are with or where they need to go.
Trending Stories on Fashion Week:
- Bi*tch stole my look: Jeremy Scott is accused of taking “inspiration” too far for Moschino SS19 collection – Read More
- Take a look at Richard Quinn’s “Dark Ballerina” for SS19 at #LFW – Read More
- Artist protest Milan Fashion Week for ‘Climate Fashion’ standards – Read More
- See indie-designer Peet Dullaert’s new, oversized, street chic handbag – Read More
- J.W. Anderson SS19 Mood: Pure & Simple – Read More