During Milan Photo Week the festival hosted its first ever solo show of one of the most appreciated American photographers, Greg Gorman. The retrospective spanned his 30 year career in forty black and white images featuring some of the United States most prolific entertainers.
The curated artworks focus on Gorman’s signature black and white photography. Celebrities are captured with a violent light, absent of backgrounds or furnishings. The selection currently on display includes Al Pacino, Channing Tatum, Michael B. Jordan, Meryl Streep, Michael Jackson, Gerard Depardieu, Leonardo DiCaprio and more.
The exhibition is currently on display and is free and open to the public.
BEYOND THE PORTRAIT, Greg Gorman
Via San Vittore 13, Milano
Trending Stories on Art:
- Exhibition image of confiscated rosary beads from undocumented migrants goes viral – Read More
- France selects Turner Prize winner Laure Prouvost for 2019 Venice Biennale Pavilion – Read More
- “Slavery was a choice”, An open letter to Kanye West – Read More
- Hawaii commissions a statue to honor President Barack Obama – Read More
- Common & Andrea Day honor 10 leading activist with a performance – Read More