According to the official New York Fashion Week schedule a number of big name designers have opted out of joining the calendar this season. This includes Alexander Wang who led the charge with his show at Pier 17, the first “phase” of his new June/December plan. (His Fall 2019 show will take place in early December; in fact, the CFDA has already published its dates for New York Fashion Week: December, a first-of-its-kind event, December 2–5.)
Also bowing out this September is Narciso Rodriguez who presented his Spring 2019 collection earlier in June, telling Vogue’s Nicole Phelps: “It’s right for the times and the business, and it’s definitely right for my personal life.”
Other designers combined their Resort 2019 and Spring 2019 collections in June, both for the sake of efficiency and to get their lines in front of buyers and editors sooner. Rosie Assoulin, Victor Glemaud, Bonnie Young, Ji Oh, and Simon Miller are a few who made the switch, so they’ll be absent from NYFW.
Several more designers are taking a break from Fashion Week this season. Adam Selman, Helmut Lang, Public School, and Kendall + Kylie are not currently on the NYFW calendar, and neither is Colovos, which recently switched to a pre-collection-only schedule. You won’t see Victoria Beckham either: She’s celebrating her label’s 10th anniversary with a major show at London Fashion Week.
Trending Stories on Fashion:
- Serena Williams wore an Off-White by Virgil Abloh tutu at the U.S. Open – Read More
- Ava DuVernay, Issa Rae, Miguel and more at Afropunk 2018 – Read More
- The Clermont Twins wear Prada’s fall 2018 ‘Flame’ shoes – Read More
- Lupita Nyong’o in Balmain on the Late Night With Seth Meyers talk show – Read More
- Cardi B Wears Gucci’s new paisley print pajamas – Read More