Fun, wholesome, bright color is as popular in the beauty world as it is in fashion. But in the real world teenage girls are being sent home from school when they dare to wear the shades seen at the Matty Bovan SS19 fashion show in London.
Needless to say, the beauty at the show will only inspire more young girls to try one of these freedom colors. And it will make it even harder for the education system to censor the style.
But that’s a problem for another day. To create these amazing looks for the show designer Matty Bovan called master colorist Josh Wood who created a custom blend for each model. By showtime, the model lineup backstage was a solid rainbow of vibrant, beautiful color.
A behind the scenes video captures 5 model moments as they react to their glorious new hair color.
View this post on Instagram
Bold & Brights by Josh Wood Colour for Matty Bovan’s LFW show this evening @babbym – BTS video featuring @dreelouisehemingway @i_jiji_ @rori.grenert @ariela_o @mariana_zaragoza @abby_hendershot and @madssune @saffy_zoe @masonjosh_ @adam.embleton on hair #joshwood #joshwoodcolour #joshwoodhair #LFW #LFW18 #mattybovan #londonfashionweek2018
To accompany the look, makeup artist Miranda Joyce chose an equally vibrant beauty palette. She used sunny shades to hand paint tribal-style makeup in positive shapes on model faces.
What do you think of the beauty at Matty Bovan? Drop a comment in the section below.
Trending Stories on London Fashion Week:
- See Vin + Omi’s totally recycled collection shown at LFW – Read More
- The cool street style to expect at London Fashion Week (Video) – Read More
- First Look: Nicopanda SS19 collection by Nicola Formichetti. – Read More
- London Fashion Week starts with four exceptional new designers – Read More
- Get the ‘first look’ review by Lucas of the Luar SS19 collection – Read More