Sustainable furniture designer Karim Rashid opens a large scale exhibition devoted to design innovation and sustainability.
“The role of a designer today is to make the world a better place. By replacing the clutter of poorly designed objects with beautiful, high performing ones that are hopefully sustainable, ergonomic, and sensible yet seductive, we reduce the stress in our environments.”
The exhibition includes over 200 environmentally responsible and eco-conscious award-winning objects. Expect to see Rashid’s re-usable Bobble water bottle, the Garbino waste can, the re-configurable furniture for BoConcept, as well as new high-tec products for Asus and SirinLabs.
Following the lecture opening night Rashid will host a party with DJ Jas Nasty. For more information about the exhibition, the lecture and the launch party see below.
Culture Shaping Exhibit by Karim Rashid:
October 11, 2018 – February 10, 2019
October 10, 2018 | 6 – 10 PM
Ottawa Art Gallery
50 Mackenzie King Bridge,
Ottawa, ON, K1N 0C5, Canada
Trending Stories on Art & Culture:
- “Infinity Dots’ by pop artist Yayoi Kasuma returns – Read More
- Multi-Media artist Sandra Muss debuts at the ‘Salone di Donatello’ in Italy – Read More
- Anonymous street artist paints concrete blocks as luxury handbags – Read More
- Exhibition image of confiscated Rosary beads from undocumented migrants goes viral – Read More
- Sneak peek of the new pop-aganda art exhibition by Ron English – Read More
- New York City in photographs – Read More